Clerks Report – Parish Council Meeting 16th Oct 2019, Offley Hay Village Hall
Supplementary documents circulated to support the agenda:
• Traffic and Enhancements minutes from 2nd October
• Newsletter Distribution list – based on July deliveries
Borough Councillor Update:-
No update to report
Community Centre – No report.
Offley Hay Village Hall:-
Councillor Joy Jones attended the meeting of the management committee held on Thursday 12th September 2019:-
• The fund raising event ‘A bit of a do 2’, held in May was a huge success and raised £1000 profit for the hall. This will be repeated in the future, hopefully twice a year.
• Hire charges for the hall will increase to £12 per hour from January 2020 which is needed to cover the increased cost of operating the hall.
• Income from hall bookings and fund raising was adequate, although insurance of £800 is now due.
• Bookings overall are respectable with a great deal of interest continuing from caravan groups and quite a few local groups holding meetings etc at the hall.
• Discussions took place on the possible running of a monthly lottery. All the legal aspects have been looked into but they hope to find out the level of interest at the next social event, needing at least 50 supporters to make it worthwhile.
• The next event taking pace is the Dine and Dance on Saturday 23rd November a three course Thai meal. Tickets are £30 per person and available through their website www.offleyhayvillagehall.co.uk.
Visit Stafford – No report.
• Slindon Village Trust will meet on Tuesday 15th Oct
• Thanks are expressed from Mike Tweed to Peter Jones in relation to the tipping on the verge opposite Brockton View – this has now been cleared away
• Martin Jones and a committee drawn from members of Croxton community groups put on a very successful ‘Grand Singathon’ at the Eccleshall Community Centre on Saturday 5th October. Congratulations must go to Martin who has inspired the growth of music participation in our local community and beyond. Participation from a host of choirs of all ages etc.; great ‘pop-up’ cafe with delicious cakes. A thoroughly enjoyable day.
• Fantastic Community Harvest Supper on Friday 4th October in the Broughton Parish Room, with a two course meal followed by musical entertainment by Martin Jones etc.
• Broughton Parish Room Committee Meeting to be held on Monday 14th October.
• High water table (due to recent prolonged heavy rainfall) continues to result in floods on many of the lanes with blocked drains around the Ward. Currently the spring-fed ‘Cattery Well’ is so full it is overflowing the lane as the drains cannot handle the water.
• *Hedges need cutting back along the B5026 as road signs etc. are being obliterated by foliage.
• Mud on the B5026 road (resulting from farmer’s tractors exiting adjacent waterlogged fields …. creating ‘slip’ hazards for traffic particularly on bends (known to be treacherous in these conditions) such as the one just before Copmere junction on the approach to Eccleshall. No hazard warning notices were deployed and no attempt to clear the mud off the road which extended all the way along past the bend near the football club and on to the Pershall junction.
• Community Transport – No report.
Allotments – No report.
• The street planting has been excellent and is still providing some colour. The watering has worked very well again this year. Unfortunately all good things come to an end and it is planned to take down all the hanging baskets and mangers on Sunday, November 3rd.
• The 2020 Calendar design has been completed by David Pownall and is currently at the printers.
• The autumn Ecclian Society newsletter is being prepared and will be circulated by email to all members in the 2nd half of October.
• The Christmas bauble project, led by Richard Egan, is progressing in conjunction with Lonsdale School PTFA. The schoolchildren will decorate a bauble each and these will be used to decorate the Christmas tree at the crossroads and also on the brackets of the Christmas trees along the street.
• A letter was sent to Jeremy Pert regarding his survey and his deliverable vision for Eccleshall. The Ecclian Committee felt it did not want the Society to be seen as a key delivery partners for this vision but was happy to help with any project to preserve and enhance Eccleshall now and in the future.
• A full Committee meeting is planned for October 22nd to review all activities and future plans.
Children/Young People: No report.
First Responders: No report.
Information to support agenda items:
No further information
Correspondence to Note: Nothing further to note
Correspondence circulated, to note:
1. Stafford Borough Council Members Digest received and circulated.
2. SPCA Weekly Bulletins – forwarded to all.
3. Visit Stafford Updates
4. Notification of resignation of Cllrs. Pete Edwards and Chris Marshall. The vacancies are in the process of being advertised should 10 residents wish to request an election. If no election is requested by the deadline of 22nd Oct, the Council can move to Co-opt for the vacancies in the Horsley and Town Wards.
General Council Updates:
• Any items for inclusion on a meeting agenda must be received by the Clerk 10 clear days ahead of the meeting date.
• The subsidised young persons bus fare is due to go live on the 14th October. Posters have been printed for notice boards and will be going up at Stafford College and Sir Graham Balfour. Flyers will be distributed in key public areas to generate publicity and information will also be published in the Stafford Newsletter.
SCC- Staffordshire County Council SARH – Stafford and Rural Homes
SBC- Stafford Borough Council SPCA – Staffordshire Parish Councils Assc.
EPC – Eccleshall Parish Council