Clerks Report – Parish Council Meeting 17th July 2019, Eccleshall Community Centre
Supplementary documents circulated to support the agenda:
Item 7 – Traffic and Enhancements minutes from 3rd July
• Item 7 – footpaths proposal documentation (report and map)
• Item 10 – Borough Council draft Economic Growth survey (document overview and pdf of proposal)
• Item 11 – Summary notes from discussion with D&G
• Item 12 – meeting notes from Surveys working group and draft (updated) County Council survey
• Item 17 – summary of key options for Police Station proposal for discussion and contribution
• Planning item 7 – County Council consultation summary document
Borough Councillor Update:-
No report has been received.
Community Centre – No report has been received.
Offley Hay Village Hall – No report has been received.
Visit Stafford – No report has been received.
Slindon News – No report has been received.
• Highways have been very prompt in their dealing with flooding issues down Arn Hill.
• Large potholes reported along Woodwall Green Lane, Back Lane and Windmill Lane.
• The surface of the play-area was jet washed to remove algae and looks really good.
• Millennium Wood grass was cut prior to the Well Dressing.
• Croxton Community Well Dressing Festival took place on Saturday 6th July.
– A very successful event that always brings the community together.
– Six Well Dressings were on display as well as stalls and displays in the Millennium Wood and a concert in St Paul’s Church showcasing poetry and local music talent.
– Thank you to EPC for the grant which enabled out-reach activities with the Eccleshall Girl Guides this year.
– Lots of excellent comments from visitors… the first were from Australia, and there have been many from other parts of the country as well as local people.
– The Well Dressings remained in-situ for a week.
– The event celebrates our architectural and rural heritage and the traditions of the ancient art of Well Dressing.
Community Transport – No report has been received.
Allotments – No report has been received.
Ecclian Society:– No report has been received.
Children/Young People: No updates to report.
First Responders: They will be holding their AGM on the 18th July at 7.00pm in the Royal Oak. It is a public meeting so all interested parties are invited to attend.
Correspondence to Note:
Nothing further to note
Correspondence for consideration, additional information:
no additional information
Correspondence circulated, to note:
1. Stafford Borough Council Members Digest received and circulated.
2. SPCA Weekly Bulletins – forwarded to all.
3. Visit Stafford Updates
General Council Updates:
• Any items for inclusion on a meeting agenda must be received by the Clerk 10 clear days ahead of the meeting date.
SCC- Staffordshire County Council SARH – Stafford and Rural Homes
SBC- Stafford Borough Council SPCA – Staffordshire Parish Councils Assc.
EPC – Eccleshall Parish Council