Clerks Report – Parish Council Meeting 20th Feb 2019, Eccleshall Community Centre
Supplementary documents circulated to support the agenda:
- Feedback from Stone Parish Liaison meeting to include:
- Meeting notes
- Planning process draft document – a proposed document for feedback
- 2 X SBC planning documents, used to draft the above document.
- A5 Elections Flyer, for information.
- Background information regarding contributions to footpaths and Church maintenance.
- Footpaths and Enhancements draft minutes.
Further Information for Agenda Items:
- Item 10 – see circulated document on background information.
Borough Councillor Update:-
Meetings attended included:
- Forebridge Trust alms houses, Stafford on 22nd January.
- Met with the principal from Bishops Lonsdale School, business owners and some residents on 24th January to discuss a campaign to reduce the litter in town.
- Members of the Eccleshall Players on 25th January and offered assistance in promoting their archive scheme.
- The AGM of the Trinity Men’s Fellowship on Friday 25th January.
- Borough Council meeting in the County Council chamber on Tuesday 29th January.
- The public meeting of the Flood Action Group at the Royal oak on 1st February.
- Eccleshall Festival organisers met on the 4th February, and a festival date was set for 20th June 2020.
- Chebsey Parish Council meeting on Monday 4th February.
- Met with Tim Clegg, the Chief Executive of the Borough Council on 11th February regarding suggested changes to the planning arrangements.
- Met with John Holmes, Planning manager regarding certain aspects of the Bovis Estate on 11th February.
- St Mary’s Church, Stafford Holocaust Service on 26th January.
- The funeral of J J Johnson at the Holy Trinity Church on 31st January.
- The mayor’s Ball at the County Showground on Friday 8th February.
- Attended the Lunchtime Concert in the parish room on 14th February.
Met the new PCSO for Eccleshall Gareth Higgins in the library on Saturday 9th February.
A monthly surgery was held in the library on Saturday 26th January.
- The second phase of replacing fluorescent tubes to LEDs has been finalised.
- The range cooker has been replaced with latest model @ £ 2,000.
- The bookings are very buoyant .
- There was a very successful dance on Saturday 9th Feb with live music, and the next dance will be held on March the 9th.
- A window in the nursery unit has been replaced with a double glazed one.
Offley Hay Village Hall – No report has been received.
Visit Stafford – a meeting was held at the RAF Museum Cosford on Tuesday 5th February and was attended by Cllr. P. Jones
Slindon News – No report has been received.
Croxton News –
- The advisory ‘Unsuitable for HGV’ sign has now been erected at both ends of Fairoak Bank. Residents have expressed their gratitude for this.
- Questions have been raised as to whether there should be street lighting installed within the 30mph zone along the B5026 . Currently there is none from the 30mph zone, along the frontage of the new houses (opposite Plant’s Agricultural machinery yard), with only an old one fastened to a wooden electricity pole at the crossroads for Arn Hill/ Woodwall Green, and similarly further along the road. It is requested that the EPC investigate whether this can be improved.
- The Annual litter pick will be held in Croxton and environs at the beginning of April. This has been well supported in previous years.
- The 2019 Croxton Community Well Dressing will take place on Saturday 6th July. The six Well Dressings will celebrate: ‘The Pirehill Hundred’, 50th Anniversary of Staffordshire Wildlife Trust; the Centenary of Staffordshire Federation WI; the Centenary of National Farmers Union, and the 50th anniversary of man’s landing on the Moon. The planning group are linking with Eccleshall Guides in 2019, and they will be creating the sixth Well Dressing on a design of their choice. All Parish Councillors will be very welcome at the event.
Community Transport – An update on the scheme was provided to the officers from the County Highways Community Transport Dept on 22nd January.
Allotments – a meeting was held on Monday 28th January, Cllrs. Garner and Price attended.
- The balance was about £700.
- All plots are allocated and there is no waiting list.
- 3 people who currently hold a plot have requested smaller plots for 2019/20.
- The new constitution was accepted, as was the decision of the Parish Council not to allow polytunnels. The height restriction for storage boxes was noted as amended to 1metre.
- Mr. Ron Milne requested that Cllr. Garner and the Clerk accompany him to a meeting with Cliff Carr from Water Plus to discuss a new meter and the best approach to ensure it could be safely read.
- The association held a successful dinner at the King’s Arms on the 26th Jan, with a profit of £42. The Parish Council Chair and wife attended.
- A summer barbecue will be held in July, details to be confirmed.
- Future meeting dates will be Monday 15th April, Monday 24th June, Monday 9th September, and the AGM on Monday 11th November.
- A re-paint of the shelter is planned.
- Following adoption of a constitution, the association should be eligible for external funding opportunities and this will be explored.
- The final act of what had been very successful series of Christmas events was the taking down of the Christmas trees on 6th Jan. This was very well supported by volunteers in good numbers.
- A joint Ecclian and Bloom Management meeting was held in the Royal Oak on 22nd Jan.
- The current membership of the Ecclian Society includes 207 Eccleshall households.
- The 2019 Eccleshall calendar has sold well and made a tidy profit for the society.
- Open Gardens is planned for June 15-16. This year Luke and Anne Serjeant will be leading this project following the great job done by Peter and Gill Bertram for many years.
- Phil Baskerville outlined plans for the summer planting, including a professional survey of the oak posts. The brackets for the hanging baskets will also be checked.
- The Spring Newsletter is in the final stages of preparation and will be delivered to all the houses in Eccleshall in the near future.
- The Ecclian annual dinner, which has been organised by Vanessa Chapman, will take place in the Old Smithy on February 23rd.
Children/Young People: No report has been received.
Correspondence for consideration, additional information:
There is no further information to advise.
Correspondence circulated, to note:
- Stafford Borough Council Members Digest received and circulated.
- SPCA Weekly Bulletins – forwarded to all.
- Visit Stafford Updates
- Neighbourhood Watch Updates
- Notification that Eccleshall Library will become a community managed library, run by the Rotary Club of Eccleshall Mercia.
- A letter has been received from the Rotary Club in response to the Clerks notification of available funding held by the PC. It has confirmed a grant application will be submitted to the PC in order to access the County Council Community funding plus any additional requirements
- Information pack regarding the Parish Elections process.
- Minutes from the Flood Action Group Meeting on 31st Jan 2019.
General Council Updates:
- Correspondence has been received regarding ongoing resident concerns about the cashpoint running out of money. The Clerk has emailed Cashzone to follow up on its promise to monitor the cash levels to ensure sufficient available funds.
- Neighbourhood Watch have reported incidences of dog fouling on Green Lane, Cross Butts and at the top of St. Chad’s Road to the Borough Council. SBC is planning to arrange for a patrol of affected areas by an Environmental Crime Enforcement Officer at key times to try and catch the responsible persons.
- Any items for inclusion on a meeting agenda must be received by the Clerk 10 clear days ahead of the meeting date.
- P. Jones carried out the internal audit of the Parish Council accounts on Monday 11th February.
SCC- Staffordshire County Council SARH – Stafford and Rural Homes
SBC- Stafford Borough Council SPCA – Staffordshire Parish Councils Assc.
EPC – Eccleshall Parish Council