Clerks Report – Parish Council Meeting 20th Mar 2019, Eccleshall Community Centre
Supplementary documents circulated to support the agenda:
- Financial Regulations, Code of Conduct and Complaints Procedure
- Budget update and earmarked reserves (as reviewed in P&R, 6th March)
- Confidential – proposed pay scale for Clerk to adopt in line with NALC recommendations.
Further Information for Agenda Items:
Borough Councillor Update:- There was no report to receive
Community Centre – No report has been received.
Offley Hay Village Hall – No report has been received.
Visit Stafford – no report to receive.
Slindon News – No report to receive
Croxton News – No report to receive
Community Transport – No report to receive.
Allotments – The next meeting is in April. Plans are in place to arrange a meeting with Water Plus in early April to progress the installation of a new water meter.
- The Ecclian dinner was held at the Old Smithy on February 23rd. There was a capacity group of 50 members and it was an enjoyable evening.
- The Spring Newsletter was circulated to all the households in the town in late February.
- Two new reconstituted stone troughs have been purchased and positioned on the Stone Road by the Little George car park. These have now been planted up.
- Progress is being made in organising the Eccleshall Open Gardens, led by Luke and Anne Serjeant.
Children/Young People: No report to receive.
Correspondence for consideration, additional information:
There is no further information to advise.
Correspondence circulated, to note:
- Stafford Borough Council Members Digest received and circulated.
- SPCA Weekly Bulletins – forwarded to all.
- Visit Stafford Updates
- Invitation to a concert at Holy Trinity Church, 10th May at 7.30pm in support of Eccleshall First Responders. Ticket details are on the email or available from the Clerk.
General Council Updates:
- Eccleshall Open Gardens 2019. This year’s Open Gardens event in Eccleshall will take place on the weekend of Saturday 15th/Sunday 16th June. Opening times will be 10.00am – 4.00pm on both days and the admission cost will be £5.00 for adults (children free). All proceeds will go to the Ecclian Society to support Eccleshall in Bloom.
- With regards to the subsidised bus service, it was front page of the Staffordshire Newsletter. The chairman’s comments on the bus service were broadcast on Radio Stoke. It will also be featured in the Stone and Eccleshall Gazette.
SCC- Staffordshire County Council SARH – Stafford and Rural Homes
SBC- Stafford Borough Council SPCA – Staffordshire Parish Councils Assc.
EPC – Eccleshall Parish Council