Clerks Report – Parish Council Meeting 20th Nov 2019, Eccleshall Community Centre
Supplementary documents circulated to support the agenda:
• Letter received from County Cllr. Pert
• Resident letter to note in Correspondence
• Loan information
• 5 councillor application forms
Borough Councillor Update:-
No update to report
• Bookings continue to be steady.
• The Community Centre Entertainment Committee held a very successful Dance on Saturday November 9th, over 80 people attended.
• Over 70 tickets have already been sold for the New Year’s Eve Dance.
• Eccleshall Singers have a Concert on Saturday November 30th.
• Bel Canto are holding a Concert on Sunday December 8th.
• The Rat Pack are putting a Christmas Show on, on Friday and Saturday 13/14 December.
• The new young Drama group have booked to perform a Pantomime on Saturday and Sunday January 25th and 26th.
• Classes for young people to learn about making videos starts on January 4th.
• The internal windows in the corridor have been painted.
• They are still waiting for the manufacture of the chimney flue liner.
Offley Hay Village Hall – No report
Visit Stafford – No report.
Slindon News:- no updates to report.
• With a really severe winter forecast salt and grit deposits were requested (as has been the practice for the past 4 years) for the hills on the Croxton and Windmill lanes, so that residents can try to keep access open in icy and snowy conditions. The Highways ‘gritting-route’ doesn’t cover these lanes. The follow-up from the Report-it system indicated that these deposits would be actioned after April next year! As this was entirely ridiculous and an ineffective response the Clerk has managed to get Highways to trace the previous trail of yearly requests for the s & g deposits which have always previously been delivered.
Highways have now put this on their list for Amey to deliver in preparation for this winter and for the future , so that the lanes are kept accessible and annual requests should not be necessary. Thanks to the Clerk for her support. Watch this space!
• Some of the hedges still remain uncut both along the B5026 and around the lanes of the Woodland Quarter. These are still obliterating road signs in some cases.
Community Transport – No report.
Allotments – No report.
• There was a good turnout of volunteers to take down all the mangers and hanging baskets on Sunday, November 3rd. All the compost was loaded on a trailer for recycling at the allotments.
• The 2020 Eccleshall calendar, after excellent work by David Pownall, is now on sale at the Eccleshall Pharmacy or Buttercups and Daisies for a mere £4.50 each.
• The Ecclian Society Autumn newsletter was circulated by email on October 18th.
• The AGM is organised for Tuesday, November 19th at 7:30pm at the Community Centre. They are hoping for a good turnout and possibly some new ideas and project groups.
• Daffodils have recently been planted on Castle Street and on The Eyeswells.
• The Christmas trees will be erected on Sunday, December 1st , The formal switch on, including the large tree at the crossroads will be at 5pm that day. Santa and his sleigh will be at the Lych Gate at 4pm for the younger people to tell him what they want for Christmas.
• The bauble project led by Richard Egan with the Lonsdale School PTFA is progressing well.
Children/Young People: No report.
First Responders: No report.
Information to support agenda items:
Item 11: Defib locations for adoption. Defibs available for adoption are located at the rear of Eagle Pub, Small Lane, Wheelwright Drive, Sancerre Grange, Green Park and Sacred Heart Church, Stone Road.
Correspondence, further information:
A resident has advised he recently met with the PCC and has written a report of the meeting which councillors are welcome to read, at:
Correspondence circulated, to note:
1. Stafford Borough Council Members Digest received and circulated.
2. SPCA Weekly Bulletins – forwarded to all.
3. Visit Stafford Updates
4. Minutes from recent Parish Forum Meeting at Stafford Borough Council.
General Council Updates:
• Any items for inclusion on a meeting agenda must be received by the Clerk 10 clear days ahead of the meeting date.
SCC- Staffordshire County Council SARH – Stafford and Rural Homes
SBC- Stafford Borough Council SPCA – Staffordshire Parish Councils Assc.
EPC – Eccleshall Parish Council