The names of 17 local men who were killed during the Great War but who were overlooked when the Eccleshall War Memorial was erected in 1921 have now been added.
On professional advice proposed work to clean the Memorial has been limited so that further erosion of the stonework is minimised.

The Memorial will be rededicated by Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant and the Bishop of Stafford at a special Service of Remembrance at Holy Trinity Church Eccleshall on Sunday 24th June, commencing at 10am, to which everyone is welcome.

The project has been funded by donations from individuals, local community groups, the Parish Council and Cllr Jeremy Pert, who awarded the project a generous grant from the Staffordshire County Council Local Community Fund.