Eccleshall Parish Council and Planning Meeting – 22nd January 2020
You are summoned to attend a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council, to be held at 7.30pm on Wednesday January 22nd, 2020 at Eccleshall Community Centre, followed by a meeting of the Planning Committee.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda.
3. Public Participation.
4. To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on November 20th 2019 and 4th Dec 2019.
5. To receive any reports from Borough & County Councillors.
6. To receive Committee Reports:-
Traffic Management Committee:-
• To note the date of the next Highways meeting on 28th Jan
• Update on speed indication devices and proposal to recommend the purchase of a further two devices.
• Update on Elford Heath and to consider the quotation for further tree works to the area around the pool.
• Update on Pillar Clock repairs
• To consider the repair quote for fencing at Bishops Court.
• To report on the results of the tree survey at Croxton Play area and to approve the quotations for works required.
• To advise the formation of a working group to formulate a strategy to support Climate Change issues.
• Request cutting back of hedge on Church St, which is obstructing the pavement.
Policy & Resources
• To approve the virement of £676 from contingencies to publishing, to cover the cost of extra publishing materials.
• Approval of the Budget 2020/21
• Consideration and approval of the Precept 2020/21
• Consideration of roll of honour noticeboard
• Approve print costs for publishing updated walks 8 and 12 leaflets
• Need for additional resource to support maintenance of footpaths
• Re-launch of Footpath Marshalls project
7. To consider and approve additional councillors for committee membership.
8. To note receipt of the Liaison Representatives reports, as summarised in the Clerks Report.
9. To consider any new and proposed development updates:
• Castle Street
• To consider any quotations submitted for landscaping around the Eagle Sculpture.
10. To consider the proposal to request that Stafford Borough Council allow the Parish Council to take over Beech Road play area, either by lease or asset transfer.
11. To approve costs for Civic Amenity Visit provision for 2020/21.
12. Review of qualitative survey responses and to discuss next actions.
13. Updates regarding proposal for Police Station property:
• Further correspondence from Cllr. Pert for consideration.
14. To discuss methods of Councillor communication with residents.
15. Council engagement with younger members of the community.
16. To discuss the practice of prayers at the start of Parish meetings.
17. To receive the Clerk’s Report and correspondence for consideration
• Letter from resident raising queries in response to survey
18. To receive the Chairman’s Report.
• To consider and approve accounts for payment, including payment for Councillor Training Course at a cost of £20.
• To consider the request for attendance by a councillor at the NALC conference on 17 March 2020 at a cost of £224 plus VAT.
20. To request any future agenda items and confirm the date and venue for next meeting – February 19th, 2020, Parish Council Meeting – Eccleshall Community Centre, 7.30pm.
PLANNING COMMITTEE AGENDA
2. Public Participation.
3. To approve the minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held on January 8th 2020.
4. To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
5. Planning Applications for consideration:-
20/31706/HOU – Demolish utility room and form single storey extension to rear. 7 Redhills, Eccleshall ST21 6JW.
6. To consider any further applications:
7. To consider any other planning matters
8. To consider any correspondence received:-
9. To confirm the date and venue for next meeting:- February 5th, 2020, Eccleshall Community Centre 7.30pm.
Please note the following meeting dates:-
Policy and Resources Committee:- March 4th, 2020, Eccleshall Community Centre following the meeting of the Planning Committee.
Enhancements Committee:- February 5th, 2020 Eccleshall Community Centre at 7pm.
Traffic Management Committee:- April 1st, 2020, Eccleshall Community Centre following the meeting of the Planning Committee.
Footpaths Committee:- April 1st, 2020, Eccleshall Community Centre preceding the meeting of the Planning Committee at 7pm.
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the council – 16/01/2020