Eccleshall Parish Council and Eccleshall Planning Committee Meetings – Wednesday October 21st 2020, from 7.30pm
You are summoned to attend a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council, to be held at 7.30pm on Wednesday October 21st, 2020 via Zoom online meeting. This will be followed by a meeting of the Planning Committee.
Join via the Internet by going to:
Meeting ID: 835 8846 8032 and Password: 503213
Alternatively join by telephone by dialling 0203 481 5237 or 0203 481 5240.
1. To receive and note apologies for absence, and to note the resignation of Cllr. M. Watson
2. Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda.
3. Public Participation (residents are asked to contact the Clerk in advance if they wish to speak, to assist in the online meeting administration).
4. To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on September 23rd, 2020.
5. To receive any reports from Borough and County Councillors.
6. Committee Updates:
- No updates to report
- To receive an update from Cllr. Taylor on footpaths works and litter picking
- To resolve to write to a resident regarding cutting back of a tree across the eyeswells path.
- Update on Croxton play area. To consider any quotations for cleaning the log beams and replacing the picnic bench.
7. To consider the project ideas report and resolution to allocate next steps to the relevant committees and working groups.
8. To discuss the ongoing impact of Covid-19 within the Parish and how the Council can support the community and link with local organisations.
9. To provide an update on the Christmas tree installation quotes.
10. To provide an update on Remembrance activities within the Parish.
11. To approve the tender detailing the areas to be maintained for the grounds maintenance contract 2021/2022, prior to obtaining quotations.
12. To discuss the termination by D&G of the contract of the 8am bus service from Eccleshall to Stafford and any alternative options to explore.
13. To provide a response to the consultation by Staffordshire County Council regarding a proposed scheme of road safety improvements along Stone Road, Eccleshall.
14. To consider the proposal to develop a business plan for the Parish Council.
15. To receive the Clerks Report, containing liaison representative updates.
- Resident correspondence re anti-social behaviour
- Question regarding the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme for Rural Communities and to consider any interest
- Historical item of interest regarding a Wellington bomber crash in Eccleshall in 1945.
- The response from SBC regarding no current provision for collection of recycled waste from street litter bins.
- To note the response from Eccleshall Rugby club regarding the Pillar Clock and consider if any further response is required.
17. To receive the Chairman’s Report
- To accept the Financial report to end September 2020.
- To approve accounts for payment October 2020.
- ·To note the receipt of the completed external audit for 2019-20 with no qualifications
- To note the implementation of the NJC pay scale award as agreed by the National Joint Council for Local Government services (NJC), backdated from 1st April 2020, in accordance with the Clerks contracted pay scale
- To approve councillor attendance at the Councillor Fundamentals and Planning courses, cost £55 total.
19. To request any future agenda items and confirm the date and venue for next meeting – 21st October 2020, via Zoom, pending any changes to current government advice.
PLANNING COMMITTEE AGENDA
2. Public Participation.
3. To approve the minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held on October 7th, 2020.
4. To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
5. Planning Applications for consideration:- (link to the application is within the reference number):-
S.20/06/4127 W – Application not to comply with (to vary) conditions 2 (approved documents and plans) and 16 (fuel types) of Stafford Borough Council planning permission 05/05475/FUL dated 3 February 2006 to increase the height of the emissions stack and to include the use of compost over size as an additional fuel source within the Biomass Facility at Raleigh Hall Industrial Estate – Eccleshall Biomass Facility, Swynnerton Road, Sturbridge, Stafford.
20/32899/FUL– Excavations and formation of embankments to create slurry lagoon. Land North Of Old House Farm Kempsage Lane Garmelow.
20/33093/LBC – Addition of two rooflights over the kitchen area and the omission of a rooflight to the second floor shower room at the rear of the property. 49 High Street Eccleshall.
20/33021/FUL – Erection of agricultural building and construction of agricultural access track. Land East Of Brook Cottage Lower House Farm Lane Sugnall.
20/33138/HOU – Proposed detached garage. Appledene Slindon Road Slindon.
6. To consider any further applications:
7. To consider any other planning matters:-
- To consider and respond to the proposal to install a telecommunications mast on Land to the East of Greatwood House, Bishops Offley, for use in a new ‘blue light’ communications service known as the Emergency Services Network.
8. To approve the response to the Government White Paper ‘ Planning for the Future’:
9. To consider any correspondence received:
10. To confirm the date and venue for next meeting:- November 4th, 2020, 7.30pm, via Zoom, pending any changes to current government advice.
Please note the following meeting dates:-
Policy and Resources Committee – Wednesday 4th November 2020, after the meeting of the Planning Committee.
Clerk to the council – 15/10/2020