Eccleshall Parish Council Meeting – Wednesday 17th June 2020
You are summoned to attend a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council, to be held at 7.30pm on Wednesday June 17th, 2020 via Zoom online meeting. This will be followed by a meeting of the Planning Committee.
Join via the Internet by going to:
Meeting ID: 841 8731 9266 and Password: 239254
Alternatively join by telephone by dialling 0203 481 5237 or 0203 481 5240.
There will be a one minute silence prior to the start of the meeting, in memory of former Cllr. Pete Edwards.
- To receive and accept any apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda.
- To consider and adopt the Virtual Meetings Policy as issued to members.
- Public Participation (residents are asked to contact the Clerk in advance if they wish to speak, to assist in the online meeting administration).
- To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on March 18th, 2020.
A1 – To receive the Internal Audit reporty
A2 – To Approve the Annual Governance Statement (Section 1 of the Annual Return)
A3 – To consider and approve the Accounting Statements (Section 2 of the Annual Return
A4 – To accept the Financial report to end May 2020.
A5 – To accept payments approved under delegation since the last meeting.
A6 – To approve accounts for payment June 2019.
- To review and re-adopt the Standing Orders of the Council.
- To approve the appointment of Mr. Alan Toplis as internal auditor for 2020/21.
- To discuss the Annual Meeting of the Council – whether to hold prior to May 2021 or defer as allowed in recent legislative amendments.
- To discuss future meeting schedule for Council and Committee meetings, to agree the required frequency and structure.
- To discuss whether a Civic Service can, or should, be held in October.
- To consider the proposal for a footpaths maintenance project, for a trial period.
- To receive the Clerks Report, including committee updates and any liaison reports.
- To note the delegated decisions made since the last meeting.
- Resident query regarding the precept
- Resident query regarding the Police Post bid
- WMAS response
- To receive the Chairman’s Report
- To consider any need for a resolution to approve continuation of delegation to the Clerk for dealing with items of emergency and payment of accounts in consultation with the Chairman and Vice Chairman.
- To request any future agenda items and confirm the date and venue for next meeting – 15th July 2020, via Zoom, pending any changes to current government advice.
PLANNING COMMITTEE AGENDA- following the Parish Council meeting
- Public Participation.
- To approve the minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held on March 18th, 2020.
- To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
- Planning Applications for consideration:-
20/32358/PAR – One proposed dwelling. Barn At Greatwood Farm Offleybrook Road Offleybrook. https://www12.staffordbc.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do? activeTab=summary&keyVal=QAD9OIPS06V00
20/32476/PAR – Prior Approval – Change of use from two agricultural buildings into two dwellinghouses. Greenacres Farm, Wootton Lane, Eccleshall.
- To consider any further applications:
- To consider any other planning matters:-
- To consider a request to Bovis to remove the large wire fences at the bottom of the Bovis housing development beyond the balancing pond and verging onto path 17.
- To consider any correspondence received:
- To confirm the frequency, date, and venue for next meeting
- To consider any requirement for ongoing delegation to the Chairman in conjunction with the Clerk to respond to any urgent planning applications that require a response before the next meeting, dependent on the agreed meeting frequency.
Please note the following meeting dates:-
At present, there are no committee meetings scheduled.
Clerk to the council – 11/06/2020