Eccleshall Parish Council and Planning Meetings – Wednesday 15th July 2020
You are summoned to attend a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council, to be held at 7.30pm on Wednesday July 15th, 2020 via Zoom online meeting. This will be followed by a meeting of the Planning Committee.
Join via the Internet by going to:
https: https://bit.ly/2C1cwvI (a clickable link is available via the electronic agenda on the parish website).
Meeting ID: 818 7576 5064 and Password: 070410
Alternatively join by telephone by dialling 0203 481 5237 or 0203 481 5240.
To receive and accept any apologies for absence.
Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda.
Public Participation (residents are asked to contact the Clerk in advance if they wish to speak, to assist in the online meeting administration).
To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on June 17th, 2020.
To receive any reports from Borough and County Councillors.
To review and re-adopt the following policies, ensuring they are fit for purpose:
- Publication Scheme
- Policies in relation to Freedom of Information and Data Protection legislation
- Financial Risk Assessment
- Code of Conduct and Complaints Procedure
To discuss the results of the Parish Survey and to request members to consider new projects for discussion in September.
To note receipt of and to request individual councillor responses to the Local Government Association Code of Conduct Consultation 2020. (submission deadline 17th August).
To consider the postponed VE Day activities and any potential plans to reschedule.
To consider a grant request from Eccleshall Community Amateur Dramatics.
To consider the request for release of further grant funding for Eccleshall Cares.
Enhancements – additional works for consideration and approval:
- Clearing of verge overgrowth on the pavement from opposite Kerry Lane to the footpath access on the Chester Road.
- Clearing of verge overgrowth by the hedge at Croxton Play area
- To purchase 2 picnic benches for Elford Heath.
- Removal of tree branch at Copmere picnic area and tidy up trunk.
- Clearing of verge overgrowth on Stafford Rd from Bovis to cut through lane
- Clearing of verge overgrowth on Stone Rd – Fletchers to cut through lane
To add monthly mowing of the verge by Croxton well to the existing grounds maintenance schedule and to consider the initial quotation for strimming and cutting back prior to regular mowing.
To consider the report regarding subscription to the Parish Online Mapping system.
To discuss the request for support regarding additional cleaning of the public toilets in Eccleshall
To note the action taken to re-open Croxton play area on Saturday 4th July, in accordance with the results of a comprehensive risk assessment and provision of appropriate guidance signage.
To request items for the next Parish Newsletter
To note and to write to congratulate James Du Pavey for being awarded the accolade of best Estate Agent in the Country.
To receive the Clerks Report, including committee updates and any liaison reports.
To receive the Chairman’s Report
- To accept the Financial report to end June 2020.
- To approve accounts for payment July 2020.
- To authorise SPCA training expenditure for Councillors. (4 courses, cost £200)
- To approve Web Accessible Documents training course for Clerk @ £50
To approve delegation to the Clerk for dealing with items of emergency and payment of accounts until the next Parish Council meeting, in consultation with the Chairman and Vice Chairman.
To request any future agenda items and confirm the date and venue for next meeting – 23rd September 2020, via Zoom, pending any changes to current government advice.
PLANNING COMMITTEE AGENDA
To approve the minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held on June 17th , 2020.
To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
Planning Applications for consideration:-
20/32451/FUL – Proposed change of use of existing studio/work unit to two bedroom dwelling house. Holly Barn, Blackwaters Road, Offley Hay.
20/32482/HOU – Proposed single storey rear extension. Yew Tree Cottage, Brockton Road, Eccleshall.
20/32611/HOU – Proposed rear sitting room, utility extension and canopy with the demolition of the existing conservatory. 17 Romford Meadow, Eccleshall.
20/32569/HOU – Erection of part single storey, part two storey extension to dwelling. Robins Gate, Horsley Lane, Eccleshall.
6. To consider any further applications:
7. To consider any other planning matters:-
8. To consider any correspondence received:
- Response from SBC regarding the joint submission made by Parish and Town Councils regarding concerns about lack of consideration of parish responses to planning applications.
9. To approve delegation to the Clerk, in consultation with the Chairman, to respond to any urgent planning applications that require a response before the next meeting.
10. To confirm the date and venue for next meeting:- August 12th, 2020, 7.30pm, via Zoom, pending any changes to current government advice.
Please note the following meeting dates:-
At present, there are no committee meetings scheduled.
Clerk to the council – 09/07/2020