You are summoned to attend a special meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council, to be held on Wednesday July 17th, 2019 at Broughton Parish Rooms, immediately after the Council meeting and preceding a meeting of the Planning Committee.
1. Attendees and Apologies
2. To accept Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests relating to items on the agenda
3. To discuss the Councils powers to award the status – Freeman of the Parish of Eccleshall
4. To resolve to introduce the status of Freeman of the Parish of Eccleshall (2/3 majority required). Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009.
5. To agree the format this status will take
6. To discuss nominations for the position
7. Meeting close
Considerations for this are likely to be:
• Should be awarded in recognition of exceptional contribution or service to the community over a prolonged period of time to a person of distinction
• Can be awarded to any resident of the Parish, or person outside the Parish, who renders an identifiable and consistent contribution/service to the Parish of Eccleshall
• Can be proposed by any resident in the Parish or by Parish Councillors
• Parish Councillors will have absolute discretion regarding who receives an award
• It is not necessary to award if no-one is proposed and it is not a requirement that anyone is appointed even if proposed
This would be an award, solely in the gift of the Council and confers no material honours or special privileges nor does it entitle the person to participate in the proceedings of the Council meetings or in any ceremonial events. It is purely and simply awarded for merit.
S. J. Worden……
Clerk to the council – 11/07/2019