ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

Wednesday, March 6th, 2019

A meeting of the Traffic Management Committee was held on Wednesday, March 6th, 2019 at Eccleshall Community Centre at 7pm.

1). Present were:- Councillor J. Leather (Chair); Councillor T. Price; Councillor G. Garner; Councillor L. Dale;
Councillor P. Alcock;  Councillor R. Langford.
Mrs S. J. Worden (Clerk)

Apologies:- were received from Councillors P. Jones, J. Jones and Amos.

2). Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday January 2nd, 2019:- The minutes, which had previously been noted by the Council were agreed and signed.
3). Matters arising from the Minutes:- There were no matters arising
4). Meeting with Mr Richard Rayson, Community Highway Liaison Manager – February 25th, 2019:- Notes from the meeting had been circulated to all committee members. The following items were discussed:
• Concerns were ongoing about the lack of prioritisation for the repair of the Newport Road pavement. It was noted that the planned repair of a stretch of pavement in Seighford is a result of match funding between the Parish Council and Cllr. Pert, in lieu of gully cleansing funding.
• The lack of successful outcomes following the meetings with Mr. Rayson. It was suggested that Cllr. Pert would be invited to attend a future meeting as items were often referred between the two representatives without resolution for the Council.
• Ongoing frustrations about the missed opportunities for traffic calming by both Borough and County Councils.
• Items of concern for consideration by Cllr. Pert for funding support would be listed in agenda item 10 below.

5). To finalise the ground screw locations for the Speed Indication Devices:-
Cllrs. Langford and Leather confirmed the proposed locations for ground screws in Croxton and Slindon.
Cllrs. P. Jones and Price will use the location maps and further information provided by the Clerk to review the remaining locations and clearly mark the locations on the maps. Information will then be used in the s50 licence application to the County Council.

6). To provide an update on the Slindon Gateway project:- Glasdon have advised that the planned delivery for the gateways is w/c 11th March. The Clerk will progress this.

7). To discuss the need for electrical charging points in Eccleshall:- This item is pending the results of the County Council survey into the need for charging points in Staffordshire.

8). To note the results of the NOx sensors in Eccleshall:- The NOx sensor had been sited near to the mini roundabout in the centre of Eccleshall, and readings analysed from Sept 2017 to Aug 2018. Against a national annual limit of 40 micrograms per cubic metre, the average for Eccleshall was below the limit at 25 micrograms per cubic metre. The annual limit was not exceeded in any single months reading.

9). To consider the request for additional road signage for Offley Hay Village Hall:- The village hall committee have requested additional signage from the main B5026 road to assist visitors to the hall. Cllr. Langford will look if any signage exists from the main road at Pershall to Copmere. It was noted there will be a cost for installation of a brown information sign, and that the signs currently in this location frequently get knocked and re-orientated. The Clerk will look to obtain information on signage costs.

10). To compile a list of highways maintenance works for submission to the County Councillor Highways Fund:-
Mr. Rayson advised that all County Councillors are being provided with £20k to support existing highways works. The committee compiled a list of items they wished to be considered by Cllr. Pert for funding support. These were:
• Resurfacing of Newport Road footpath
• Reduction of the speed limit by Loggerheads to 30mph
• Re-painting of the zebra crossing and the Stone Road white lines
• Painting of the white lines at Slindon
The committee resolved to recommend that a letter be written to Cllr. Pert highlighting these areas of concern and requesting support should any community highways funding be available.

It was also noted that there is a lack of street lighting in Croxton, with only a single light from the start of the 30mph limit up to Arn Hill. The committee resolved to contact Mr. Rayson to ask about any plans for installation of lighting.

11). Correspondence:-
• Ongoing concerns of resident regarding access to Hilcote Hall. Concerns are ongoing with regards to a lack of pavement for pedestrians, and also with regards to excessive speed of motorists approaching the entrance to the Hall. The committee resolved to obtain an update from Mr. Tim Buxton, who is currently looking at the issue.
12). Any other business:-
Concerns have been raised regarding overnight parking of large white vans along Hartlands Road. In addition, one of the vans is being swept out on the road. The committee noted that the van owners are local residents, and although the concerns of other residents are understood, as the vans are not parking illegally and blocking the pavement, there is no action that can be taken at this time.
13). Date of next meeting:- 5th June, 2019, Eccleshall Community Centre at 7pm, preceding the meeting of the Planning Committee.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 7.40pm.